Monday, June 30, 2008

Too Close for Comfort


Monkey's big day could come at any time! Michele is due a week from Friday but he's full term and running out of room. In fact, Michele felt 6 small contractions yesterday, each 7 minutes apart. Nothing much has happened in the last 24 hours but we're getting anxious. Michele is having a little trouble sleeping because Monkey is getting so big and it's getting tougher for her to keep up with Addison. She's handling it all very well and thinks he'll be here any day now.

For the last 2 weeks, we have been running around trying to take care of as many things as we can and having as much fun as we can fit in. Here is some of what we've been up to...

Learning to walk one week... Dance Revolution the next!



There is a park near the apartment I had a few years ago that is home to dozens of ducks and geese. I used to bring Haley & Annabelle all the time - now it was Addison's turn to have fun with them.



feeding the ducks



Our local Babies 'R Us held a car seat safety installation & inspection last weekend so we decided to let them help us get ready to bring Monkey home. Addison had upgraded to a new convertible car seat a few weeks ago but we still had another to install in Michele's car and we needed to get the infant car seats back in for Monkey. The pros got everything installed correctly and even though we no longer have any space in our backseats, the kids will be as safe as possible. While we were waiting our turn for the inspector to get to us - Addison practiced walking. Here's some video:




This past weekend we went to the Drive-In. Michele had never been to one and I haven't been in about 25 years. Also, we figured it was the only way to bring Peanut to a movie. We saw Wanted and The Incredible Hulk - Wanted was ok - we both liked the Hulk a lot. Peanut did pretty well, she got very tired and fussy near the end of the first movie but then crashed completely through the second. We took the Xterra, raised the hatch door, laid a sleeping bag and some pillows in the back, filled a cooler with drinks and watched movies - here are Michele and Peanut at their first Drive-In movie:



I'm not sure if I'll have time to update the site again until Monkey is here but I'll do what I can. Michele is ok with Monkey coming whenever he comes but I have a few preferences - huh, that doesn't sound like me. My first choice is Wednesday, July 2nd. That would be exactly 14 months between his birthday and Addison's - she was even born on a Wednesday. My second choice would be July 7th, my birthday - I think it would be cool to share my birthday with my son. The only day I would rather he not be born on is July 4th. I'd rather he have his own day and not a share it with a holiday. Of course those are just preferences - we just want him to arrive in his own time and be healthy.

There are some new pictures in the June folder of the online album - just FYI.

Keep checking back for Monkey updates!





1 comment:

Courtney said...

It's amazing to me how much Addison is a combination of the two of you! I can see you both so plainly in her.

I can't wait to see what Da Monkey will look like!