I have this cool alarm clock on my nightstand that automatically sets itself. You never have to set the time even if the power goes out. It also adjusts itself for daylight savings time - or at least it used to. Since they changed the duration of DST my alarm clock has not followed. For the last four weeks my clock has been an hour off... until this morning. Apparently, today is the day we would have turned our clocks ahead if we had not changed the span of DST. It hasn't been too much of an inconvienence - I only have to set the alarm on the weekends I have to work. Today is one of those days. I set my alarm an hour earlier than real time so it would go off when I needed it to. In the middle of the night the time sprung ahead (as far as the clock was concerned) and my alarm went off an hour before I wanted it to. I don't understand how it doesn't know about the DST change. I know it sets itself by picking up some RF signal but why isn't the day data embedded in it? Perhaps it is a setting in the clock. Maybe it only decodes time and the day is a seperate signal. It only has the time, it doesn't show the day or date so maybe it only has a receiver designed for time? Perhaps the days are pre-programmed? Who knows. You'd think after all that typing I would have a point to that story but no, I shut it off and relied on the cell phone I had set as a back up. We don't have much luck with alarm clocks. Michele recently spilled water on hers and bought a VERY cool new one. I think I am going to get the same one so we can be clock buddies. It has been quite an eventful last few weeks. This past Wednesday, (April 2nd) Addison turned 11 months old and Michele & I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary. Wait, what? It's only our second anniversary?!?! wow - two years ago today we were repelling down a waterfall in Costa Rica (see April 2006 entry) but now, as they say, the honeymoon is over. Peanut had her first Easter a couple of weeks ago. Michele took her to an egg hunt/petting zoo at a local park.

Here are a couple of videos from Easter at Michele's parents house. The first video is of Peanut deciding not to hunt for the eggs Michele's mom hard-boiled and colored. Rather, she was more interested in playing with Michele's brother's dog Wrigley. If you start listening closely about 25 seconds in she starts 'barking' at Wrigley... and I was joking a few months ago about her first word being "woof".
This is the Easter egg hunt. It is a little long (2 minutes) and may take a few moments to load.
Peanut loves to play with the tags on the dogs collars. She pulls herself up by their fur and then plays with the shiny metal. Here she is with Beamer - as you will see, for a 110lb dog, he's nervous but behaves very well.
Peanut is still on the verge of walking. She really wants to but just can't seem to take the plunge. She pulls herself up to standing on anything around and will use it to guide herself along - she'll even let go and stand unassisted for some time but will not take a step independantly.
Now, here are some gratuitous 'bathtime' pictures.


The Fortress of Solitude is 99% done. I have been able to spend some time in it. I just need to finish some trim work around the door and unpack but then it's good to go. Peanut decided she was going to help me unpack - the problem is I haven't moved the boxes downstairs yet.

Here is a very rare sighting. Haley on Michele's lap and Addison on the floor.

Michele is doing well. She is on Spring Break next week which means it's Baby Break for me. I usually watch Addison during the day while Michele is at work. Now, she'll be home and will allow me to get some things done I haven't had time for.
Monkey is still growing quite a bit and Michele's belly button is showing signs of becoming an outtie. He is more active than Peanut was and kicks more frequently. We only have 13 weeks until the due date - Michele hopes he will be here much sooner.

3 comments:
your peanut is still so adorable and i can't believe you are going to be a father of TWO soon....
double the luvin and triple the...
well, you will see!!!
thanks for your updates...love them!
joni
She is so cute and getting so big!!! I can't wait to see her for her birthday!!!!
It was great to see you guys this week! Peanut is just as cute in person as she is in her pictures! :)
Our blog address is:
sarahandjamie dot wordpress dot com
Post a Comment