Peanut is a year old! Just when we thought it wasn't possible to give her any more attention... we proved ourselves very wrong. Last Friday, May 2nd is when she turned 1. Michele and I took the day off of work and planned a really fun day. We started by going to the Yellow River Ranch. It's a petting zoo-type place where you can feed almost all of the animals right out of your hand. We took Addison last summer but she was too young to really enjoy it and if I remember correctly she ended up sleeping through most of it. She's old enough now to not only stay awake but she can interact with the animals.
petting the bunnies at YRR
After YRR we went to Chuck E. Cheese. Addison fell asleep in the car on the way and didn't wake up until 10 minutes after we were inside. She woke up in a daze and was surrounded by flashing lights, a large crowd of people, bright colors, video games, kids laughing and music. It can be overwhelming for an adult how much is going on - I couldn't imagine what it must have been like for Peanut to fall asleep peacefully in the car and then the shock of waking up in the middle of all that.
air hockey at Chuck E. Cheese
We finished Friday at home with Peanut's first Carvel ice cream cake. I've had it for my birthday for as long as I can remember and even carried it on with the dogs. Peanut made quite a mess with the icing and needed to be promptly rushed to the bathtub. Hopefully the Carvel tradition will continue on for Peanut and Monkey.
Covered in Carvel
There are more pictures in the online album HERE.
Monkey's arrival is approaching rather quickly. He should be here sometime in the next 8 weeks or so. Yesterday, Michele felt a body part (she thinks it was a foot) pushing outward so she decided to poke at it... and it poked back. She pushed on it a couple of times and each time it pushed back - pretty cool, Michele and Monkey got to play a little.
Michele only has about 2 weeks left before the end of the school year. It will be great to have her home all day to watch Addison so I can get some things done before Monkey arrives. His room is still pretty much an office so that will have to get started soon and Michele and I would like to have a couple more 'date nights' before then because we won't be able to have any for a while.
I took six days off of work beginning with Addison's birthday. In addition to all the birthday celebrating I played football (we won our first game!), saw a couple of movies (Iron Man was very good) and went on a kayaking trip for a couple of days. I'm back to work now and almost halfway through working nine straight days.
In the last post I went on and on about my alarm clock. The next day, I came home to find a brand new alarm clock on my nightstand. It's the same one as Michele has and now we're alarm clock buddies - which is not dorky at all. On to a completely different topic - the 'Altima' logo glued to the top of my driver's side floormat came off the other day. Now, there is a blank spot where the patch used to be and it's a very distracting eyesore. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I get in a wreck because of it. I just happened to be reading some of the details of the Dodge Charger SRT8 (see pic below) and they have floormats with the logo patch SEWN on! It will never come off... just FYI.

1 comment:
Uh, your kid sucks at air hockey.
; P
Post a Comment