2008 started off with me at work. I had to work 4pm-4am New years Eve night and brought in the New Year with Dick Clark. I had to get my kiss at midnight from the Mexican cleaning guy at work... again. Michele took Addison to a party hosted by her friend Danielle. The next day, Addison turned 8 months old.
Christmas was really great. Addison must have been a very good girl this year because 'Toys R Us' trucks have been pulling up to our house mistaking it for their warehouse. She got lots of great outfits and toys, so many that some will be put away and brought out when a new toy/attention grabber/distraction is warranted. Here are some pictures from her first Christmas.
Her dinosaur-ball-rolling-noise-making-Floor-and-Roar thing

She seemed more interested in the sea of wrapping and tissue paper than the gifts

gave her Imperial beer...
The Boston Bruins came to town to play the Thrashers last Saturday. I always root for the Thrashers except when they play the Bruins. We bought Peanut a Bruins outfit when we went to Boston last summer so we all donned our Bruins attire and went to the game. The Bruins lost 5-0 but at least it was to the Thrashers. Here are some pictures and video from the game.
We've told only a few people so please accept my apology for the impersonal announcement - Michele is pregnant again! Here's how I found out; it was a Saturday morning and I had only been awake for a few minutes. Michele was downstairs and I was upstairs in the office. Michele called up to me, "Hey Jimmy, bring down the camera - Peanut is doing something cute". I went downstairs to find Peanut eating breakfast. It was cute, I suppose, about as cute as it is every other day. I took a few pictures (they are the ones in the November album here) and hung around talking to Michele until the feeding was done. I guess I didn't pay much attention to the clue because Michele had to ask, "Did you see her new bib?" I admit I didn't notice it and even when I did, I didn't get it at first - it read, "I'm the Big Sister". I assumed it meant big sister to the dogs - Michele kept staring at me like there was something I was missing - a few seconds later, I got it... pretty clever, eh?
She's already 13 weeks along and about to start the second trimester. The new baby is due July 11th. We've been trying to come up with a nickname for a while, we tried New-B (newbie = new baby) for a few days and didn't like it, I suggested Cletus (get it, Cletus the Fetus) but as funny as that is - it's way too 'Southern' and that is the last thing anyone wants. The ultrasound pictures last week included one that showed a close-up of the face... and it looked like a Monkey so that's what we've been calling it but we're not totally sold. Also, "it" isn't an "it"... it's a boy! Michele and I agreed we wouldn't find out what we were having with the first one, but we would with the second so at Michele's ultrasound last week the doctor told us, "I am 90% positive that is a boy." We'll know 100% for sure at the next appointment in February.
Listed below is a poll asking what you think we should call the new baby. If you don't like any of the names and/or have another idea, let us know and we'll add it to the poll.









4 comments:
Oh MY GOSH!! That is SO FANTASTIC!!! I am so happy for you guys!!
Congratulations on your growing family! I like Butter, but being from New England I have to make the assumption it will be pronounced as Bu(d)ttah?! And the third, Jelly? Then you'll have your PB & J!!
Yeah, I gotta vote for Cletus the Fetus...sorry Michele!
PS.....is the name "Clark" anywhere in the lists???? Just checking!
Post a Comment