Addison turned 2 last Saturday - we no longer have to refer to her age in months.
The day before her birthday, Michele and I took the day off of work so we could take her to the Yellow River Ranch. We went last year on her birthday (see May '08 post) and decided to make it a tradition.
Michele planned a great birthday party at the playground in our subdivision. It had a Barney theme and Peanut couldn't have been happier. She watches Barney everyday (can you believe they still make new shows?), knows all the characters and sings the songs - it is easily her favorite show. Michele tracked down a Barney banner, balloons, napkins, a piƱata and made Barney-shaped Jello and cookies.
The scene of the party
Another very cool thing happened on her birthday, she recited the entire alphabet in order for the first time. Her alphabet goes H, I, J, K, Elmo, P - but it's good enough. Since then, she's done it several more times and is even adding the "next time won't you sing with me" - it's awesome.Sullivan has said his first word, "up", he can also say "uh-oh". He had his 9-month checkup last Friday. He is 29 inches tall and weighs 22 lbs 11 oz. He is perfectly healthy and only needed one shot. He crawls really fast now and can pull himself up to standing on just about anything solid. He's 10 months old today and I wouldn't be surprised if he's walking by the end of the month.
Michele only has 3 more weeks of school, she and I are both looking forward to her being off for the summer. Michele got an early Mother's Day present today, I brought the kids to her class for a visit. Addison liked sitting with the other kids and reading books, Sullivan sat on my lap and drooled - he has more teeth coming in.
There are more pictures in the April folder HERE (including more Easter pics) and 127 NEW pictures in the May folder HERE - including Addison's birthday party and our visit to the Yellow River Ranch.
I just started a channel on YouTube for our videos. The Picasa software I use to upload pictures also has a feature to easily upload videos right to YouTube. The quality isn't perfect but it's free and easy to upload at the same time I'm uploading pictures. It will take me a while to get all the videos up there but you can find it HERE.
*update* I have just added a video player to the bottom of this page so you don't need to go to the YouTube website.
Happy Mother's Day to all the mom's out there - be selfish and do something for yourself... the dad's certainly will on their day.







1 comment:
Hey guys! I left an award for you on our blog -- go check it out. :)
Post a Comment