Wednesday, October 29, 2008

All Hallows Eve


I was planning on waiting until after Halloween to update the site. I then noticed I didn't have an entry for October. I don't want a whole calendar month to go by without at least one entry so here goes...

Addison & Sullivan both have colds right now. It looks like Addison got it from Monkey Joe's (a place kids go to play) and gave it to Van. They should be over it any day now. Sullivan isn't crying as much as he used to. Don't get me wrong, he still cries most of the time but it's not all the time anymore. He still isn't sleeping through the night. Addison was sleeping through the night at 8 weeks. He is now 15 weeks old and only manages about 4 hours, will wake up to eat and then maybe go back to sleep for 3 or 4 more hours. I've heard that there is usually one kid that is more difficult and it looks like Van is that one. I was told I was a good baby but my sister Jeannette was a horror. I'll have to ask Michele but I would put money on her being the difficult one in her family. Addison is talking more and more everyday. She doesn't just repeat what we say, she identifies objects and people and usually addresses them correctly. It's much easier when she can tell you what she wants instead of spending all that time guessing. She knows about 50 words now, not all of them are phonetically correct but close enough to make out.

Michele and I are just living one day at a time. Everyday is filled with work and kids and not much room left for anything else. We are trying to catch up on tv shows we missed because we're too busy or not together to watch them. Our DVR's are filled with about 50 hours worth of shows we haven't gotten to yet... and it keeps growing.

I've had an unprecedented 5 weekends off in a row and we've been doing a lot. My last 3 flag football games of the fall season were played during that time. We didn't win a single game but it was more fun than last season. I scored my first touchdown and felt that I had played better this season. I still have a long way to go before I am a decent player and I'm thinking about possibly playing in the winter league.


That's me on the left - I have the ball but didn't get far.


We've also been dragging the kids all over the state. They've gone to a couple of pumpkin patches, a petting zoo and several playgrounds. Here are a few pictures of the pumpkin patch trips...





going on the hay ride



We visited a petting zoo about 30 minutes away, it features miniature animals. Mini llamas, cows, horses, pigs, goat, sheep...etc. We really had a good time, Peanut was a little scared because the animals come right up to you looking for food - it was overwhelming at times.


Peanut chased by a goat


Peanut tries climbing in the trough


Recently, there have been numerous sightings of lizards in our garage. There is either one running around all over the place, or we have the coolest infestation ever.






New Videos - Enjoy!




Peanut tries to get Van to stop crying




Peanut does The Itsy Bitsy Spider




Peanut dances herself dizzy




Peanut, Michele and Van dance




Peanut learns to feed herself

There are a ton of new pictures HERE.

Have a great Halloween! I'll post pictures of the kids in their costumes soon.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

I love in the video when Addison's trying to get Van to stop crying and she puts her finger in his mouth.
PLUG IT! : P

And I loved the dancing herself dizzy video -- too cute!