Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Showers


Michele and I were married three years ago today. It sure has been eventful. Hopefully, the next three will be just as eventful but much easier and less expensive ways.

Over the last few weeks, everyone in our house has been sick at least once. I was sick for over 2 weeks, the kids have been off-and-on for about 3 weeks and Michele got in on the fun for a few days. We all seem to be better now but it was not easy to get through.

There were a couple of fun days over the last few weeks. Michele and I went to the Red Wings vs. Thrashers game. Julie came to babysit for the evening so Michele and I could actually enjoy the game. We tried to take the kids to a hockey game a few months ago, it did not go well. It was a great game, the Red Wings won 6-4. There was a fight, more action than any other game I've seen (I've been to over 100), Marian Hossa scored a goal and we got a great FREE parking spot - can't ask for more than that.


Michele came across a deal recently for discount tickets to the Georgia Aquarium. They were half-price and the kids are still free so we went. It was a frustrating day, dealing with the huge crowds and Addison wanted to the exact opposite of what we wanted her to do. Sullivan did very well, he was happy to be there and liked all the action. The aquarium was a little disappointing. Personally, I don't see where all the hype is coming from. Sure, it's the largest aquarium in the world but that is square footage, not quantity of fish. There were some unique things like Beluga Whales, Whale Sharks and Manta Rays but there were no dolphins, sea horses, turtles or jelly fish. Personally, I think the Chattanooga Aquarium is better.

a whale shark and hammerhead shark swim by


We leave Sunday for our Florida trip. We're going to visit family and spend some time at the beach. We're planning on visiting Busch Gardens and the zoo, we're cautiously optimistic.

We just bought tickets visit Boston at the end of May. Sullivan will get to meet more friends and family, but more importantly, both kids will have their first taste of Papa Gino's pizza and fried dough.

Addison has moved on to an everything "big girl" stage. I mentioned last post that she moved into her own bed - that has been going great. She loves having her own bed and being able to play in her room when she wakes up. She is also in her 'big girl' car seat. It's the same car seat she always had but it is now forward-facing. She loves looking forward and I like being able to see her in my mirror. It's pretty cool that we can just put the word 'big girl' in front of anything and she instantly digs it. She turned 23 months old Thursday. Only 4 more weeks until she's 2!





Sullivan has gone through some changes as well. The big change is that he started crawling! Check out the video below and watch Addison cheer him on.



He is mobile and determined to get into everything he can reach. He can also stand up if you prop him up on something, he wobbles a little bit because he wants to move but can't and then gets frustrated and sits down. Another piece of huge news - he has finally moved out of our room and into his own. He is able to turn him self from his front to his back so it was time to get into his own crib. Since that started, about a week ago, he has been sleeping at least 10 hours a night - it's about time he started acting like a normal baby.


That's all I have time to write now - next update when we get back from Florida.

1 comment:

Lindsay Mast said...

Jimmy,
I wanted to let you know that you've crossed my mind a couple times as Dave and I have started going to Thrashers games again. Sooooo fun we are totally going to go as much as possible next season. Anyway, Jimmylowe=Thrashers so of course thought of you.

Also, we took our girls to a game last week and it went really well. So my bet is that by next year you'll all be able to go together. Keep hope alive!!!

Glad you're doing well!