Sunday, August 10, 2008

Oh Say Can You Scream


Cantaloupe Head is one month old today! I guess that means the 30 day window to return him has closed. Maybe we could still get a credit at the hospital? Hmmm I wouldn't mind having one of those big adjustable beds.


Van is becoming less 'ham sandwich' and more Honeybaked Ham - we're guessing he's around 10 pounds and usually sufficiently glazed. For the first couple of weeks his eyes just wandered around unfocused on anything but for the last week or so he has been following movements and sounds. His eyes have lightened a bit and now are a dark grey/blue color. His routine is still the same; feed every other hour, scream, sleep for 30 minutes, scream, get a diaper change, scream, look cute and hold still just long enough for daddy to grab his camera and then move around awkwardly... then scream some more. It gets even better when both of the kids cry at the same time. Oh, and when the dogs bark on top of it... that's good times.

Addison is really getting to be a big girl. She turned 15 months old last week and already has a pretty good little vocabulary going. She can say about a dozen words and the sounds a dog, cat, cow and monkey make.

The best picture I've taken of Addison


I've been working a lot since I went back. At the end of today I will have clocked 113.5 hours in 10 days with one day off. Michele has been handling my absence really well and doing an amazing job taking care of both kids all day every day. On top of that, she gets up 2-3 times a night with the baby for feedings so she doesn't get much sleep.

There are six more weeks until Michele goes back to work. In that time, Van needs to learn to sleep through the night or he is definitely getting returned... even if it is for store credit.

In theory, it seemed like a really logical and reasonable idea to have kids so close together. I'm sure it will get harder before it gets easier but I think in the long run we'll find it was a good plan. It will be tougher for a shorter amount of time instead of having it be a little easier and stretch it out longer. This way, we'll get to have more fun sooner, right?

There are a bunch of pictures in the online album in the new August folder. I'm still working on getting some more videos online but in the meantime you have to check out this video Michele shot the other day. Even if she wasn't my kid, I'd still say this is the cutest video I've ever seen...

2 comments:

Dawn said...

What an adorable little girl and such a gentle puppy. What a great relationship they have!!

Anonymous said...

Keep those movies coming! We all love to watch! That cute face and laugh and giddiness fills my heart with happiness. God bless you all.

Love & Smiles,
Angela